Due to our rapid growth, HealthBridge has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Software Quality Assurance, to provide both strategic and tactical leadership, direction, and management oversight to a growing team of quality assurance professionals.
This is a senior technical leadership position reporting to the CTO, expected to collaborate with product development, program management, development leadership and stakeholder functions across HealthBridge that have touchpoints to the delivery of our internal and external applications. Collaboration opportunities will include, but are not limited to, ensuring our software releases deliver quality products on time, technology and product roadmap initiatives, process and efficiency improvements, and meaningful metrics.
The ideal candidate has managed a QA team in a highly agile environment, with measurable success drastically increasing test coverage, leveraging test automation to shorten test cycles and/or lighten manual resource dependencies, and increasing team throughput on concurrent projects in a highly fast-paced environment.
This job is located in Traverse City, Michigan which is regularly recognized as one of the top 10 small cities in the US. Successful candidates will be required to work out of our Traverse City office. No remote work, nor H1B visa support.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Overall responsibility for HealthBridge software quality assurance program, overseeing QA staff, and evaluating and continually improving the effectiveness of our testing practices and quality standards across our globally diverse development teams.
· Drive QA efficiency improvements and tighten testing shortfalls.
· Identify and execute upon positive-ROI test automation initiatives, covering data setup and seeding, functional regression and load/performance testing.
· Ensure that HealthBridge test asset inventory remains well organized, comprehensive, appropriately detailed, and 100% up-to-date. Ensure traceability of tests to requirements.
· Identify and implement relevant metrics to gauge the effectiveness of QA test efforts and coverage, and the success and efficiency of automation efforts.
· Ensure that QA test documentation, policies and procedures are maintained, are auditable, and meet the requirements of HealthBridge standards.
· Continual cross-training, coaching, and career development of all QA staff.
· Ensure adequate QA coverage for outside of business hours release deployments and mission critical emergency escalations.
· Experience leading onshore and offshore QA teams to collaborate and meet QA defined goals and metrics.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· 7+ years of overall software quality assurance and/or test automation experience, including 3+ years of experience managing software testing teams, and with a track record of increasing responsibility and accomplishment.
· Prior experience with health care or financial management software is a huge plus.
· Previous hands on experience with test automation frameworks, functional test automation, and automated load/performance testing, AND significant experience managing, growing and successfully integrating a high efficiency test automation program into mainstream development cycles.
· Deep agile experience, preferably in a matrix-managed resource environment, with success integrating QA resources and the software testing function at all points of the software development lifecycle.
· Highly seasoned at balancing structure, process, risk management and time-to-market factors. Well practiced supporting milestone check-ins and release go / no go decisions with structured data.
· Experience implementing, maintaining and presenting metrics on the testing process (including coverage and effectiveness).
· Demonstrable experience with the full gamut of software testing, including unit, integration, system, user acceptance, API, and security testing. Penetration testing experience is a plus.
· Well versed with the QA tools of the trade, such as those for test management and change management systems. Experience with Xray, Jira and Confluence is ideal.
· Previous experience running a QA program within a technology compliance framework (i.e., SOC 2, HIPAA, PCI) is a strong plus.
· Outstanding people management and peer collaboration skills. Communicates exceptionally well, emanates a positive attitude, and is a total team player. Polished presentation skills.
· Extremely well organized, with excellent troubleshooting ability.
· Strong self-starter who thrives in a dynamic, very fast-paced environment.
· Bachelors degree in an engineering or technical discipline is a plus. Quality assurance, agile or project management certifications are a plus.